Ever wondered whether or not you really needed to buy that $200 "Required" textbook for a course? Whether it was okay to buy the $40 older edition of the textbook? This site is designed for college students who want to find out more information about the textbooks for their course before buying them. As a convenience, we provide direct links to course materials that can be purchased on Amazon. The prices shown are the prices to purchase an item directly from Amazon, but often buyers can get a better price by buying from a third party seller on Amazon. To do this, click on the item picture, not the "Buy Now" box.
This project started at the University of Michigan to help students fight the increasing cost of textbooks. Currently we are working to expand to other universities across the US. If you are interested in helping, there are several ways you can do so:
- Tell your friends! The more visitors we have, the more we'll update the site.
- Provide ratings for courses you've previously taken.
- Donate your time by becoming a moderator for your University. You'll get admin access to the pages for your university and be put in charge of maintaining the content for your University. Click "Add My College" above
- Like us on Facebook (Coming Soon)
- Give us your feedback! Click "Add My College" above
How to Get Free Amazon Prime (free 2 day shipping)
Students can receive a free 6 month trial of Amazon prime with their .edu email address. This means they can receive free 2-day shipping and $3.99/item overnight shipping.
After you've signed up, be sure to go into settings and disable auto-renew to avoid being charged once your membership expires.
- While we try to maintain accurate links to products, errors do occur, and it is YOUR responsibility to verify that you are purchasing the correct product for your class. We are not responsible for incorrect or unnecessary purchases, even if it was due to a mistake on this website.
- We attempt to provide advice about value (how many times you will use) the items listed. This is based on previous experiences, and may vary from year to year.
- If you are interested in volunteering your time to update this site, or would like to report information that needs to be updated, please Click "Add My College" above or email Books4Blue (at) umich.edu